Lithium polymer battery (Li-polymer, also known as polymer lithium battery): It has a variety of obvious advantages such as high energy density, smaller size, ultra-thinness, light weight, high safety and low cost. battery. In terms of shape, the lithium polymer battery has an ultra-thinning feature and can be fabricated into a battery of any shape and capacity in accordance with the needs of various products. The battery can reach a minimum thickness of 0.5mm.
Compared to lithium-ion batteries, lithium polymer batteries have the following characteristics:
1. No battery leakage problem, the battery does not contain liquid electrolyte inside, using colloidal solids.
2. Can be made into a thin battery: with a capacity of 3.6V400mAh, its thickness can be as thin as 0.5mm.
3. The battery can be designed in a variety of shapes.
4. The battery can be bent and deformed: the polymer battery can be bent up to 900 or so.
5. It can be made into a single high voltage: liquid electrolyte battery can only be connected in series with several batteries to obtain high voltage, polymer battery.
6. Since there is no liquid in itself, a multi-layer combination can be made in a single piece to achieve a high voltage.
7. The capacity will be twice as high as the same size lithium-ion battery.
In terms of safety, the polymer battery is made of aluminum-plastic packaging, which is different from the liquid metal battery. The internal quality hazard can be immediately revealed by the deformation of the outer packaging. Once a safety hazard occurs, it will not explode and only bulge.